Saturday, January 30, 2016

READ THE FIRST IN A NEW SERIES




Dead Eye -- Alyssa Day
DEAD EYE
For Jack Shepherd, tiger shape-shifter and former soldier, life is heading for a dead end. Dead End, Florida, to be exact. When he learns that he inherited a combination pawn shop/private investigation agency from his favorite uncle, Jack’s first job is to solve his uncle’s murder. Because sometimes it takes a tiger’s eye to see the truth.
 
Over the holidays as I recuperated from surgery, I got the chance to read the first in a new series by Alyssa Day.  I've read other books by her over the years.  I enjoy her voice and story telling abilities.   Dead Eye is awesome.  Yes, I said awesome!  There I said it again.

Alyssa takes romance tropes, story telling tropes, cliches, and everyday humor of life's foibles and adds a spark of snark and mystery to them.  The story told in first person from Tess Callahan's view is full of twist and turns.  I read to get lost and involved in the story.  This one I did time and time again.  A story that takes my mind off things is worth hooting and hollering about.  And more than once.

I recommended the book to my bestie who doesn't like sparkly were creature stories.  He even enjoyed the book.  While he might not read others in the series, he laughed and hooted with me over the pages that we read to each other or discussed as the writers/authors we are.
Book two won't be out until around April from what Alyssa says.  Keep your eye out for an enjoyable series and laugh out loud read.  I strongly recommend this series.
  
  
Private Eye -- Alyssa Day
PRIVATE EYE
When Tess Callahan, new owner of Dead End Pawn, meets her grandmother the banshee, life is about to get complicated. When Tess’s partner Jack Shepherd, tiger shapeshifter and P.I., gets involved to help them investigate a banshee-kidnapping spree, life is about to get deadly. Because nothing is ever simple in Dead End, Florida, and sometimes it takes a tiger’s eye to see the truth.
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Weekend Gang!

Between returning to work and digging out from the blizzard, I've been real busy.  Pris, my muse and I are busy working on an erotic retelling of Red Ridinghood in an Urban Fantasy format.  I've got a submission out making its rounds with agents and publishers.  When I know more I'll share.  I'm also posting over on my personal blog from time to time too.  https://solaragordon.wordpress.com/
Stop by and see what is on the coming soon page.  You might find somthing you like.

Until next week, keep sharing a good book or two with your loves and spice.

Smiles,
Solara

No comments: