Thursday, August 7, 2014

Gotcha Covered


It's here! The cover, at least, to my newest release, Jessalina's Pets. If you haven't been over to my page yet, here's what it looks like. The plot: very rich and very bored Lady Jessalina buys a pair of virile slaves to, ahem, entertain her. However, the men aren't the docile "pets" she thinks they are, and have their own agenda. Then there's the question of Deon, who won't tell her what kind of shifter he is. True love and hijinks ensue.

This is the one that grew out of my post "Adopt a Pet" from last year. Sometimes a story won't leave you alone until you write it. I'm more inclined to think it was the idea of picturing Jared Padalecki in a cage for weeks at a stretch. Hope his wife doesn't mind.

The book is scheduled for release on Monday, August 25. I haven't even gotten my final edits yet. Better stock up on caffeine.

# # #

About the serial story: once it's finished, I will NOT be collecting it in book form for either sale or as a free read. Too damn much trouble. I wrote a blog about it; you can read it here. And you can read the serial story the way we wrote it, in all its panicky, last-minute glory, right here on Shapeshifter Seductions.

Finally, if you do go on my page, you'll see a side of Sam Winchester that's rarely displayed on the show. Make sure your boss isn't watching.

5 comments:

Savanna Kougar said...

August 25th, eh? ... I trust we'll get the full blurb and excerpt treatment. Lovin' your blurb, and congrats on your latest release, btw.

Yeah, if I had the time, I'd pull it together as a free read, once our epic mammoth story completes itself... but, sadly, I time is not on my side.

Pat C. said...

Since August 25 is a Monday, I figured I'd make the blurb-and-excerpt my post. I like to wait until the book's actually available before I start pimping it. I think Siren prefers it that way too.

And the serial story gets interrupted again! This damn thing's gonna be running all year long.

Savanna Kougar said...

There is preorder at Siren, but I'm kinda old-fashioned. I like promo-ing when there's actually something to buy.

Oh well, on the interruptions... that's life... and could build up the suspense... ~grins~

Serena Shay said...

Rawr! Lovely cover, Pat. Congrats on the Aug 25th release. :)

Yeah, I too, prefer to wait on the promo until the book is out.

Rebecca Gillan said...

Very nice cover!