Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas! Feliz Navidad! Mele Kalikimaka! Joyeux Noel!

Good morning! Merry Christmas! For you, I have a gift of free reads. Or mostly free reads, anyway. If you go to Smashwords to grab your copy of my very short novella, "Quick-Fix Wedding," it's free. Amazon.com insists that it has to be 99 cents and I can't manually make it free there. However, if a bunch of people click on the "report this at a lower price" link, Amazon may eventually make it free due to price matching. If you feel like sticking it in Amazon's back, feel free to use the Smashwords link to brag to Amazon that you paid nothing for your copy. ;) I have to admit, I have not yet begun to try and figure out how to get it uploaded on Nook Books yet. It took entirely too long to figure out Smashwords and I am now mildly traumatized.

This is almost exactly like the first few chapters that I posted around Thanksgiving. However, a few things were changed in the final editing and it's now set on Christmas Eve rather than the day before Thanksgiving. It's very short, running about 11,000 words, has only one short love scene, and a nice stinger hidden in the epilogue. I hope you like it.

Any way, Merry Christmas!

~ Rebecca






"Purchase" Links:

Smashwords

Amazon

6 comments:

Savanna Kougar said...

Rebecca, MERRY CHRISTMAS and Christmas cool. I'll go download my copy.

When you uploaded to Smashwords you can opt in to distributing to Nook. Okay, that's probably if you're in the premium catalogue thing. Or, you can simply make a PDF or EPUB for direct download.

But,yeah, I always find it traumatizing even if the process goes somewhat smoothly. ~ARGH!~

Pat C. said...

Just uploaded my copy. Thanks for the Christmas gift!

Rebecca Gillan said...

Oh, yeah. Took me forever to figure out what, exactly, it didn't like about my copywrite page: I had a copy of the cover included in the body of the book. Once I finally figured it out, the upload went nice and smooth. And I did sign up for all the common formats for e-readers.

Savanna Kougar said...

Good deal. Yeah, they're stickler for the copyright page. Part of my problem is dial-up. So far, I've managed, anyway.

Serena Shay said...

Yay! Just downloaded my copy as well. Thanks Rebecca and Merry Christmas!!

Pat C. said...

Read this last night. Love it! Quite unexpected in the plot department. And that twist at the end -- whoa! Pablo is in for it now.